Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Family Gatherings

It seems to be a trend that my husband and I host family for a little pre-holiday dinner every year in November - remember my scramble last year to host our first dinner party as a married couple? Well...here we are again! But this time, I find myself a little more prepared. Jon and I have already discussed the menu and even though the dinner is this upcoming Saturday, we plan to begin the shopping process this week to allow ourselves some time on Friday evening for preparation, so that 'the day of' details aren't rushed. Ah, the joys of learning to cook. My grandmother and my mother always made preparing Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinner while entertaining more than 20 people look so effortless! One day I'll master it!




Is it terrible that the most joy I get out of hosting a dinner party is actually planning and styling the table scape? I still intend on using most of the beautiful pieces we received as wedding gifts, like our china, silver and crystal, but I'm thinking this year I'll mix up my silvers with a touch of gold! I'm really loving the eclectic look of the two together.



I've also been practicing with floral arrangements recently and hope to put together something soft, seasonal and lovely as a centerpiece. Candlelight is always a beautiful add on as well. This intimate party for 8 this year should be a little more relaxed and cozy than those in the past!

Stay tuned for photos! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment