Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Feelings of Autumn


Growing up in New England where the four seasons are arguably the most beautiful in the country, I truly enjoy the changing of weather. But there is something about autumn that makes me feel all cozy inside. Something about that crisp air takes me back to my high school days...driving down long, winding Massachusetts roads with the beautiful foliage as my skyline, watching prep school football games from the sidelines, curled up on a blanket next to my girlfriends and dressed in blue jeans, boots and knit sweaters with a warm coffee in hand. The sun always seems brighter in the fall. As the crisp air moves in, it's an innate feeling that overcomes me. My senses perk up, completely engulfed in the warm sweetness of apples, pumpkins and cider.  There really is nothing better.

As fall creeps into the Northern Virginia area, I'm immediately taken back to New England and those cozy, warm days of football, apple cider, knit socks, wool sweaters and the sweet, crisp air. It's fun to be nostalgic and remember those traditions of your childhood. The change of season is a very welcomed one over here!









No comments:

Post a Comment