Monday, October 28, 2013

Pretty in Pink

I'm an avid follower of Coco & Kelly's lifestyle blog. I love Cassie's cozy, casual Seattle perspective, her writing style and her wit. She's truly relatable. I suggest you follow her!

Cassie recently posted a feature about the must-have, over-sized pink coat trend, a piece that surprisingly intrigued me!


What didn't intrigue me was the price tag on some of the suggested similar pieces Cassie recommended as a way to adopt the trend. I love the classic silhouette and the fun color...but $1,700 for an Roksanda Ilincic over-sized, trendy pink coat? Ridiculous. Sure, I'd consider spending that kind of money on a classic piece of furniture that I know I will continue to use 15 years down the road, but this coat is a trend piece. It's fun, it's spontaneous...and it's just not $1,700 worthy.

I moved on.

Until, of course, I found this...


I was browsing Nordstrom and saw this Tildon coat, an exact replica of the wooly Roksanda Ilincic version Cassie recommended. I was floored, especially with the price! $100 was such a steal for this trendy piece! I snagged it...and haven't taken it off since!

Have you ever swooned over a trend that just didn't seem practical...until you found it for an incredibly reasonable price? Best. Feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment