Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Closet Sweep!


It's supposed to snow tonight here in the Washington DC area. They're calling for 8-12 inches. As a Bostonian, it amuses me that the whole city shuts down around here at even the thought of a few flurries. But hey, I'm not complaining when we get a few snow days! The hubbie and I even plan on making a trip up to the Pennsylvania mountains on Sunday to get in a day of snowboarding on this fresh, new powder before the season comes to an end shortly.



In anticipation of the possibility of a short work week, I plan on tackling my closet. Every season I go through my wardrobe and select items I haven't worn in months, are a bit tired looking or would be suitable to sell to make room for new pieces. I donate all the clothes I no longer want and sell a few items to a consignment store in Northern Virginia called The Fashion Exchange Consignment. For designer pieces, it's a great way to make some money back on those investment pieces you 'thought' you'd have forever! It's also one of my favorite consignment shops in the Virginia area. I scored my Chanel blazer here a few summers ago, as well a few other staple pieces. The store is never picked over and because of the more affluent clientele in the McLean area, it's never short of beautifully maintained designer purses, coats and shoes.


What do you all do every season to keep up with your wardrobe? I would love to hear recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I've been needing to do this as well, but I'm planning on revamping the entire closet as well as take down some current shelving and replace with more functional shelves! I actually want to knock out a wall and extend the closet buuuut Im still trying to convince the hubby on that idea! For the meantime I'm just dealing with the mess until I can get in there an do it all at once. Purge clothes, organize and renovate! Have fun in PA :)

    ReplyDelete