Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bedroom Talk

I'm in complete 'redesign' mode. Now that the wedding is over, the holidays are upon us and I finally have the time to kick back and relax in our newlywed apartment, I'm starting to imagine all the new possibilities and options I have to completely 'redo' our home! I realize this is a 3 year project in the making, but a girl can start pinning her creative ideas to get the juices flowing, right???

I've shared with you some of my thoughts to update our living room...but now I'm onto the bedroom. More than anything, I wish we lived in one of those darling 1700 English cottages (Like Kate Winslet's home in The Holiday) where exposed beaming and brick would give me that rustic backdrop to really design around. I would love to create a bedroom schematic that resembled this:

Who needs a headboard when you have an exposed brick wall in your bedroom??
Unfortunately I live on the 6th floor of a highrise apartment building in the DC area that was built in the 1970s. Not exactly 'quaint English cottage'. So instead of working around exposed brick, how about working around wallpaper to give the room some definition and age? I'm thinking something like this:



I don't think I'd go THAT wallpaper crazy (although I do love the wallpapered ceiling!). I'm thinking of painting our entire bedroom, but leaving one large wall (the wall in which our bed would go up against) for wall paper, to really make the headboard pop!

I need to figure out which room I want to tackle first...living room or bedroom?! Ah!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same thing!!!! As far was redecorating goes! Actually talked about it in my blog for today! haha! I don't know which room to tackle first either! Good luck! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your bedroom:) Then you can sleep easy when your tackling the living room!:)

    ReplyDelete