Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wedding Day Hotel Photo Inspiration

I apologize for the lack of posts recently - we're two months away from the wedding and both my social calendar and work calendar have been crammed trying to get everything out of the way before I take the entire month of October off for wedding and honeymoon! 

Since I only have wedding on the brain right now, I thought I'd share some inspiration that I'm hoping to re-create the morning of my wedding!

I am absolutely thrilled to be getting ready in the bridal suite of the Ames Hotel in Boston. The history of the Ames Hotel captured my interest immediately. The Ames Building was designed by the architectural firm of Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge in 1889 and soon became the corporate headquarters for the Ames family agricultural tool company. The Ames Building at one point was Boston's tallest skyscraper and to this day still remains one of Boston's most beautifully designed buildings. In my opinion, the Industrial Revolution era in New England has left the region with some of the most beautiful pieces of architecture still standing today. I grew up around the abandoned mills in Massachusetts and along the Merrimack River in New Hampshire, and have always loved the architectural look of them. Many of those buildings have recently been turned into restaurants or boutique hotels, like the Ames Building. I love the old world feel mixed with modern design.


The interior of the Ames Hotel was decorated with a modern feel but kept the old world sophistication that the building already represented. The bridal suite of the Ames Hotel includes the Romanesque arched windows designed by Shepley, Rutan and Collidge back in 1889 and still features the original fireplace! Those arched windows are what I fell in love with...




 And of the morning of my wedding, I hope to re-create these photos with those stunning arched windows! 




No comments:

Post a Comment